Wednesday, May 30, 2012

On Writing

I've never approached writing from a food-driven basis perspective. This year gave me the opportunity to explore news way in which one can write, and in doing so expanded my mind to a new form of writing. This quarter hasn't demanded academic bullshit like my previous quarter had (sorry for the vulgarity, but it's necessary). In exploring the culture of food and the various issues and concerns that surround it, my writing has expanded to incorporate a new window thought. To validate any respectable journal or essay, the author has to include accountable sources to argue a certain point. But you're not just arguing a senseless and boring point as many classes require; you develop a certain degree of passion-fueled writing that may just be worth the time to read. In almost all of my blog posts and essays, I have incorporated sources that I found to be of worth and of interest. Most classes require research-based essays, and approaching such a form of research from a food-based perspective was a fresh reminder of how writing can be enjoyable. We are surrounded by food everyday, we need it to survive, but yet we don't know where our food comes from much of the time or how it is produced. That is a topic worth spending time to write about in my opinion. I have found this not only to be important, but helpful in building a concrete foundation for my own writing aspirations.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the thoughtful reflection. I'm glad you appreciated the course. Good observation about the importance of incorporating sources and methods into academic writing. I'm glad you found the topic and course structure engaging.

    ReplyDelete